Hi there: Welcome to My Vegan Family Life!
These pages/posts are full of information on what it is really like to be a vegan family, including reviews of restaurants and products, useful links, etc. But most importantly, this space is for the sharing of our experience of living as a vegan family: the good, bad and the ugly. So go ahead and visit the blog posts, where we share topics on the many issues, concerns, joys and blessings that are all part of living as a vegan family. Topics such as:
- Vegan Families
- Transitioning from Vegetarian to Vegan
- “Why are you vegan?”
- Raising young vegetarian/vegan children
- Vegan tweens – fussy eating, friends over, parties, etc.
- Vegan kids at school, including friends and social circles
- Quick kid-friendly vegan meals on the fly
- Vegan travel and vacations and all the trappings
- Holidays and celebrations in Veganville: – Navigating Christmas/Easter/Halloween
- Reviews of Vegan Restaurants in cities we visited/lived:
- Creative vegan workarounds
- Favourite vegan products
- Living healthy
- Growing edible plants
- Vegan ‘Junk’ food and alternatives
- And heaps more…
All of this plus we’ll be sharing reviews of any restaurants and resorts we visit (or have in the past), any recipes or new foods we try out.
So if you are already a vegan and curious about how others are getting around issues, or a parent considering going vegan/plant-based, or even a younger reader – looking for some information and something to share with your parents, then I hope this space might help in some way.
Family life is not a straight and smooth path… for ANY family, there are issues and bumps in the road, and that does not exclude vegan families. Vegan families have many of the usual challenges, but with quite a few thrown on top. Not everyone is on board with the idea of being vegan, much less raising children this way, and so I think it will be helpful to share some experience and hopefully some good advice and insight.
Thanks for reading so far – much love,
My Vegan Family Life x